Tuesday 1 May 2012

Ellen Barron Family Centre - Day 1

After dropping my boy off (he was quite upset about it which broke my heart) Merryn and I checked in. The whole process took most of the day, even though we arrived at 9am, as there were lots of forms, settling in and getting the tour, the paedeatrician check up and planning for the week. Mez seemed to not mind at all but she did stick close to me at all times.

Merryn in the play room
Putting her in for her afternoon sleep took about 1/2 an hour, which actually isn't too bad for her. But I used lots of cuddles and breastfeeding to do it and that will be the last time we will be allowed to do that.  We finally finished the planning about 4:30pm, I can't believe it took so long, just in time for play time, dinner, bath and bed.

I was very, very nervous going into the night, I didn't think it was going to go well at all.  Merryn surprised me.  The plan was no co-sleeping, breastfeeding or cuddling or patting to get to sleep.  Mez was to go cold turkey in a cot with me coming in and out to her and putting my hand on her if she needed it.  Of course it wasn't that perfect and I did pick her up twice, but she did sleep in the cot all night, she only had one feed at 11:20pm and she only woke at 11:20pm, 1:30am and then 5:45am (when she went back for another hours sleep (that was a surprise!).  There was some screaming and hysteria, but it wasn't for hours on end like it usually is.  They must have something in the food here.  :)

So day 1 is down, 3 more to go.  I hope it keeps going as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home